On January 20, participants from around the world gathered in London to learn about the International Gas Union (IGU) and American Gas Association’s (AGA) plans to raise the voice for gas and reinforce natural gas’ position as a solution at WGC 2018 in Washington, D.C.
This meeting was the first of many anticipated activities through which the WGC 2018 team will be further advancing gas as a key contributor to fuel the future by driving the industry to collaborate, educate and engage.
Presentations by IGU and WGC 2018 Executives lead by IGU President David Carroll included:
- The European launch function for WGC 2018 Washington D.C. – the 27th World Gas Conference
- The IGU’s recent COP 21 participation, including the study they released for the event
- The global strategy and objectives for the IGU under the USA Presidency (2015 -2018)
- Update on the IGU Secretariat including the move later this year from Norway to Spain
A vital role for gas in the future
“Gas provides the fastest and most economic pathway to a world with both lower carbon intensity and cleaner air”
IGU’s recent report released at COP21, makes the case for gas on improving air quality and the gas industry’s mission to clear the air. To read more click here.
The WGC 2018 team will be making a case for Gas as a solution to 3 key issues:
- Environment Safeguarding
- Economic Development
- Energy Security
WGC 2018 in Washington DC promises to be the perfect global platform to learn, network and engage. The 3 main areas of focus of the US Triennium and WGC 2018:
- Social License
WGC 2018 in Numbers:
- 500 speakers
- 4,000 global delegates
- 350 exhibiting companies
- 300 media
- 12,000 total attendees
- 100 countries
- Exhibition size – 40,000m2
WGC 2018 – what’s new, what’s better and what’s different?
- Raising the Voice of Gas
- IGU’s commitment to its members which represent 97% of the World’s Gas Market. Engagement with key policy makers and thought leaders. The recent formation of the Global Ambassador’s Network and Financial Advisory Board will further support this.
- Organizing Committee
- WGC 2018 is overseen by the most broad and diverse National Organizing Committee, with over 40 organizations comprising all segments of the gas value chain, from production to consumption and including exports.
- Washington, DC, USA
- The first time ever that the event has been hosted by a country that is both the largest producer AND consumer of natural gas.
- Washington DC has a long history of bringing together global policy makers. WGC 2018 presents a unique opportunity to bring these policy makers together with the gas industry strategic, technical, financial and commercial experts.
- All attendees will be staying within walking distance of the conference, exhibition, National Mall and museums, the White House, the US Capitol AND energy policy makers from across the globe.
- 2018 is the 100th anniversary of the American Gas Association!
To receive the presentation slides from January 20 Briefing please contact Amy Jordan on +44 20 7978 0019 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have your say? Any feedback on what you would like to see at WGC 2018 is valued – please take the time to fill out our feedback form