Natural gas and LPG (propane) gas are natural partners, particularly in utilization and clean energy supply applications where they are both seen as clean and efficient sources of energy. LPG is often used to develop new markets prior to gas infrastructure being developed. In addition to a broad array of domestic and commercial application, propane is also commonly used in peak-shaving and blending applications for industrial and energy service companies. This session will highlight emerging opportunities and case studies for collaborative LPG and natural gas applications.
- Propane/natural gas applications and case studies
- Indoor air pollution and the transition to cleaner fuels
- Energy poverty and regional socio-economic development
- Energy efficiency applications
- Energy market development with propane
Technology developed for propane applications continues to offer benefits to consumers around the world in expanded and affordable clean energy options, reduction in energy poverty and flexible supply options. This interactive Technical and Innovation Center session will showcase emerging LPG technology and applications that are addressing global energy needs. Typical applications include cooking and other domestic uses, commercial and institutional uses, power generation, transportation fuels, and energy blending uses.
- Innovations and new products in propane research and technology
- Propane applications and case studies of innovative technology in domestic and commercial markets
- Reduction in energy poverty
- Improved indoor air quality
- Propane and natural gas applications for industrial and power generation
- Remote power applications
- Synthetic natural gas (SNG) applications